Wastewater Treatment Plant
A new 1.5 MGD SBR Wastewater
Treatment Plant was constructed in 2002 for the Town of Cumberland,
Indiana. Existing plant facilities were partially incorporated into
the renovated and expanded plant. Total construction cost was $5.4
Some of the improvement include the following:
- New 4-pump raw sewage pump station.
- New headworks structure with aerated grit removal, fine
screening and influent flow metering.
- Two new SBR tanks capable of future expansion to 2 mgd
Post-equalization/ aeration structure.
- UV disinfection and effluent flow metering
- Conversion of an existing package plant to an aerobic digester
- New sludge dewatering system with sludge feed pump,
grinder, polymer system and 75-gpm centrifuges.
- New emergency generator.
- New control building with office, laboratory and electrical facilities.
- New SCADA system with distributed PLCs.
Owner: Town of Cumberland, Indiana
Civil Engineer: M.D. Wessler and Associates, Inc.
Services by J.W.Sims: Electrical, Mechanical, and SCADA
SBR Wastewater Treatment Plant,
I & C and SCADA System Control Panel